I have recently fallen in love. Not with a girl. Or a boy, you pricks. Not with a car or a celebrity or a movie. I have fallen in love with Last.fm. I used to be a devout Pandora patron, but in recent months the number of advertisements has grown as the number of songs you can skip per hour has shrunk. I heard about Last.fm from a good friend. I decided to check it out. On the main page, I was prompted to input an artist I liked. I typed in Interpol, a solid starter, and continued. In just two clicks (not a single ad!) I was listening to Interpol Radio. Now, you may think, 'Gee, sounds like a Pandora wannabe!' But no, instead of having to skip every other song because I hate them like I do on Pandora, I enjoyed every single song that the station played. Although you can skip as many songs as you want as often as you want, I have used that feature perhaps twice in the two weeks I have been a Last.fm junkie. Not to mention, the iPhone app they have isn't half bad. Like Pandora, Last.fm offers a short biography of the band you are listening to. Unlike Pandora, the biographies on Last.fm actually contain valuable, even engaging information. Also, if you like a song, a new station based on that artist is one click away. In a nutshell, Last.fm is the best thing since sliced bread (I wonder, what was the best thing before sliced bread?). If you love music, or just like it, or are indifferent, even if you hate it with a burning passion, check Last.fm out. To wrap things up, here is a dandy little song by Ash, an alternative band from Northern Ireland. This track is titled Polaris, and is off their 2007 album, Twilight of the Innocents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment