My sophomore year of high school was one of the best and worst experiences of my life. It was like a roller coaster from hell in a Final Destination movie. I wont give you my sob story, but I would like to share one series of events that caused me to feel happier than ever yet suicidal, all at the same time.
In late September of that year, I met someone that I will never forget. We were introduced by a mutual friend. We talked for a bit, but didn't really hit it off until the magical invention of video chatting came about. We started to video chat for hours every day. Once or twice, we video chatted until three or four in the morning on a weeknight. For a while, we seemed the best of friends. I told her every single thing about me, and she told me everything about her. She always knew when something was wrong, and she helped me through a few emotional breakdowns and things of the sort. But it soon became apparent that I wanted to be more than friends. This caused a problem.
You see, this girl had a boyfriend. I didn't really know this kid at the time, but he seemed like an asshole prick. I tried for a while to break them up, and I think I got pretty close. This girl liked me back, or so she told me, but not enough to end what she already had. We both wanted to be friends regardless of what happened between us. But something changed.
All I can assume is that she simply stopped liking me as more than a friend. And it was my fault. I pushed too hard. I played with fire.
And I was burned.
She started pushing me away. She never wanted to talk, and she avoided me at school. She even insulted me, and although it seemed to be jokingly, it hurt me deeply. So I left her alone. And I cried. And cried and cried and cried.
I wrote songs about her, about myself, about depression even. I listened to solemn, depressing music. I didn't talk to anyone. And I cried more and more.
Thankfully, things gradually healed. We started to talk again. I apologized to her for my actions, and she accepted my apology. I promised I would never interfere with her relationships again. And, although it pained my greatly to do so, I pretended that I didn't want to be more than friends.
After a while, my love died away. This seems sad, but this was actually good for the both of us. We were still good friends, and are to this day.
I don't want your pity, or advice. I wanted someone, anyone to tell my story to. I got what I wanted. Thank you, my devoted followers (all three of you).
To close this post, I would like to share a song that is very special to me. Every time I hear it, I think of this girl. It is exactly how I feel about her and I, put into a beautiful song.
This is Dave Matthews' "Sister".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment